Technical Tips and Useful Information
Here you will find instructions for the following:
- How to check whether a song has already been nominated
- How to check whether a song is zedded (that is, previously listed)
- How to add a link to a post
- Information about The ‘Spill
- Information about Dropbox
1. How to check whether a song has already been nominated
You must be registered/logged in to The Guardian site and inside the Readers
Go to the menu which lets you look at the comments by page
(Located just above the first post on the page)
- give it a moment to load
Use the control function on your computer or device to search for the
song/name of the band – e.g.
Apple F or click on the wrench icon in Google Chrome and select Find from
the drop down menu.
2. How to check whether a song is zedded (previously listed)
- Go to The Marconium
- Near the top on the home page (and all other
pages) are five menu buttons.
- The 3rd and 4th are A-Z by Song
A-Z by Artist
- Use these buttons and the search function on your computer or device to see whether the song you want to nominate
has been previously listed
- Note: If a song has been listed under an artist, it might be accepted by the
Guru as a nomination under a different artist.
3. How to add a link to a post
- To link a song clip (e.g. YouTube) do the following:
- If you wish to have the text for your artist & song title
in bold face, highlight it and click the
1st button (B)
- In a separate window find, select and copy the
from the address bar (Youtube, for example). For Spotify songs, right click & choose ‘copy
- Highlight your song title text again.
- Click the 3rd button (link
Paste the copied address/link into the new box which is displayed.
It’s always a good idea to preview your post (you can even check whether the
- Post your comment
4. Information About The 'Spill
- Readers Recommend's companion site is The ‘Spill
are regular posts and playlists on random and regular topics, a weekly
challenge, and weekly earworms.
- If you would like to create your own profile, register at wordpress.com.
- To create your own posts on The ‘Spill, complete the request form on the
tab at the top of the page.
5. Information About Dropbox
- There is also a dropbox we can use when necessary.
- Here RR community menbers can share songs
- Contact email@example.com